CS/SB 288: Costs of Prosecution, Investigation, and Representation
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bradley
Costs of Prosecution, Investigation, and Representation; Providing for the withholding of unpaid costs of prosecution and representation from the return of a cash bond posted on behalf of a criminal defendant; requiring a notice on bond forms of such possible withholding; providing for assessment of costs of prosecution against a juvenile who has been adjudicated delinquent or has adjudication of delinquency withheld; providing that a child adjudicated delinquent may perform community service in lieu of certain costs and fees, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 311 (Ch. 2013-112) -SJ 739
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/05/13, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 113
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 113
• Introduced -SJ 25
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 397
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 399
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 397
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/11/13, 8:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 422
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 422
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/23/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 658
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 658
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 739
• Substituted CS/HB 311 -SJ 739
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 311 (Ch. 2013-112) -SJ 739
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.