CS/SB 376: Public Records/Children and Spouses of Law Enforcement and Agency Personnel
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Hays
Public Records/Children and Spouses of Law Enforcement and Agency Personnel; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for the names of the spouses and children of active or former sworn or civilian law enforcement personnel, including children and spouses of correctional and correctional probation officers, personnel of the Department of Children and Families whose duties include the investigation of abuse, neglect, exploitation, fraud, theft, or other criminal activities, personnel of the Department of Health whose duties are to support the investigation of child abuse or neglect, and personnel of the Department of Revenue or local governments whose responsibilities include revenue collection and enforcement or child support enforcement; creating an exemption from public records requirements for the names of the spouses and children of current or former state attorneys, assistant state attorneys, statewide prosecutors, and assistant statewide prosecutors, etc.
Last Action: 4/24/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 731 (Ch. 2013-243) -SJ 559
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/19/13, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice (366616); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 112
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 112
• Introduced -SJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/21/13, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Rules -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/13, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 398
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 399
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 398
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/16/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 474
• Amendment(s) adopted (344692) -SJ 474
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 475
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 559
• Substituted CS/HB 731 -SJ 559
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 731 (Ch. 2013-243) -SJ 559
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.