CS/HB 39: Public Accountancy
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee ; Raulerson ; Ford ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beshears ; Bileca ; Cummings ; Eagle ; Gonzalez ; Hood ; Ingram ; Patronis ; Richardson ; Santiago ; Steube ; Tobia ; Williams
Public Accountancy; Revises provisions for distribution of scholarships under Certified Public Accountant Education Minority Assistance Program; revises annual maximum expenditures & frequency of distribution of moneys for scholarships; provides peer review requirement for certain firms engaged in public accounting; requires rules for peer review programs.
Last Action: 4/17/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 328 (Ch. 2013-167) -HJ 654
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 22
• Introduced -HJ 22
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee, 03/07/13, 1:00 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 215
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Business and Professional Regulation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 206
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/20/13, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 305
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/27/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 371
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 371
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 328 -HJ 654
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 328 (Ch. 2013-167) -HJ 654
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.