CS/HB 441: Juvenile Justice Education Programs
GENERAL BILL by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Adkins
Juvenile Justice Education Programs; Revises revising provisions to be included in multiagency education plan for students in juvenile justice education programs; revises requirements effective education programs for youth in DJJ programs; revises contract & cooperative agreement requirements for delivery of appropriate education services to youth in DJJ programs; revises requirements for activities to be coordinated by coordinators for juvenile justice education programs; requires that educational program shall be based on each youth's reentry plan & assessed needs; provides requirements for prevention & day-treatment juvenile justice education programs; requires progress monitoring plans for all non-exceptional student students; requires that DOE, in partnership with DJJ, ensure that school districts & juvenile justice education providers develop educational transition plans; requires DOE to establish student performance measures & program performance ratings; requires comprehensive accountability & school improvement process; provides requirements for such process.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Criminal Justice, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Bill Text: PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Education (ED)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 54
• Introduced -HJ 53
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 03/12/13, 1:00 pm, 306 HOB -HJ 228
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 224
• Original reference(s) removed: Criminal Justice Subcommittee
• CS referred to Appropriations Committee; Education Committee -HJ 241
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/08/13, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 384
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 384
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/04/13, 10:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 436
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 436
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 636
• Read 3rd time -HJ 636
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 636
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Education; Rules -SJ 501
• Received -SJ 501
• Died in Criminal Justice, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1720 (Ch. 2013-51)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.