CS/CS/SB 504: Animal Cruelty
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gardiner ; Lee ; Sachs ; Abruzzo
Animal Cruelty; Specifying that a person who commits multiple acts of animal cruelty against one animal or acts of animal cruelty against multiple animals may be charged with a separate offense for each such act of animal cruelty; providing for additional uses by certain counties of proceeds of surcharges on animal control or cruelty violations; including illegal animal fighting or baiting as an offense within the definition of the term “racketeering activity” for purposes of the Florida RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization) Act, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2013-245) -SJ 611
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 38
• Introduced -SJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/18/13, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 229
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 229
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/27/13, 9:30 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 273
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 481
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 481
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 483
• Read 2nd time -SJ 611
• Substituted CS/HB 851 -SJ 611
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 851 (Ch. 2013-245) -SJ 611
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.