CS/SB 546: Targeted Economic Development
GENERAL BILL by Commerce and Tourism ; Ring
Targeted Economic Development; Expanding the purpose of the Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research to include the commercialization of products developed by an innovation business; authorizing the institute to create corporate subsidiaries; providing conditions under which the institute may develop or accrue certain interests in companies or products; specifying conditions under which the institute may deliver and charge for services; requiring that the institute create the Florida Technology Seed Capital Fund, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2013 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 705 (Ch. 2013-120) -SJ 616
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 41
• Introduced -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/18/13, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 230
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• Remaining references corrected to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 255
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 231
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/02/13, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 277
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 277
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 616
• Substituted CS/HB 705 -SJ 616
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 705 (Ch. 2013-120) -SJ 616
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.