CS/HB 7029: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Gaetz ; Grant ; McBurney
Education; Requires DOE to develop online catalog of digital learning courses; provides reporting requirements for Florida Virtual School Global; requires Auditor General to conduct operational audit of Florida Virtual School & submit report to Legislature; removes Florida approved courses & blended learning courses provided by traditional public school, charter school, or district innovation school from definition of term "core-curricula courses" for purposes of class size requirements; removes restrictions on students taking online courses across district lines; creates Florida Approved Course Initiative; authorizes school district to contract with qualified contractors to administer and proctor statewide standardized assessments or assessments associated with Florida approved courses; requires DOE to identify measures of quality based upon student outcomes.
Last Action: 7/1/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-225, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 141
• Introduced -HJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 280
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 280
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/27/13, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 10 NAYS 7 -HJ 359
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 354
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 370
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 391
• Amendment(s) failed (603625) -HJ 392
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 418
• Amendment(s) failed (347035, 751133) -HJ 418
• CS passed; YEAS 82 NAYS 37 -HJ 419
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 436
• Received -SJ 436
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 954
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 954
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 904 -SJ 954
• Read 2nd time -SJ 954
• Amendment(s) adopted (317092) -SJ 955
• Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended (317092) -SJ 962, 963
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1007
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 27 NAYS 12 -SJ 1007
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1169
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (675332) -HJ 1172
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 90 NAYS 25 -HJ 1172
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1172
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-225, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1514 (Ch. 2013-45)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.