CS/HB 7137: Juvenile Sentencing
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Pilon
Juvenile Sentencing; Provides criminal sentences applicable to person who was under age of 18 years at time offense was committed; requires that judge consider certain factors before determining whether life imprisonment is an appropriate sentence.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 349
• Referred to Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 383
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/09/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 453
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 453
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/16/13, 2:00 pm, 404 HOB
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 3 -HJ 667
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 661
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.