CS/CS/HB 867: Parent Empowerment in Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Choice and Innovation Subcommittee ; Trujillo ; Bileca ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Gaetz
Parent Empowerment in Education; Authorizes parents who have students in public school that is implementing turnaround option to petition to have particular turnaround option implemented; requires school district to notify parent of student taught by out-of-field teacher or teacher with unsatisfactory performance rating; authorizes parent of student to consent to assignment of that student to teacher with performance evaluation rating of less than effective under certain circumstances.
Last Action: 4/30/2013 Senate - CS failed to pass; YEAS 20 NAYS 20, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250) -SJ 802
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 88
• Introduced -HJ 87
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 03/07/13, 1:00 pm, 306 HOB
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 5 -HJ 216
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 211
• Now in Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 226
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/19/13, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 7 NAYS 5 -HJ 279
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 03/22/13, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 11 NAYS 7 -HJ 356
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 355
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 351
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/02/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 396
• Amendment(s) failed (575309) -HJ 398
• Amendment(s) adopted (595323) -HJ 398
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 424
• Amendment(s) failed (486321) -HJ 424
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 68 NAYS 51 -HJ 424
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 437
• Received -SJ 437
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 752
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 752
• Substituted for CS/SB 862 -SJ 752
• Read 2nd time -SJ 752
• Amendment(s) failed (728284, 930478) -SJ 774
• Amendment(s) adopted (180100, 612526) -SJ 775
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 801
• CS failed to pass; YEAS 20 NAYS 20, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7009 (Ch. 2013-250) -SJ 802
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.