CS/HB 59: Offenses Against Unborn Children
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Ahern ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Artiles ; Baxley ; Broxson ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Coley ; Combee ; Corcoran ; Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Fresen ; Hill ; Hood ; Metz ; Moraitis ; O'Toole ; Patronis ; Perry ; Pigman ; Porter ; Raburn ; Renuart ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rooney ; Santiago ; Smith ; Spano ; Van Zant
Offenses Against Unborn Children; Designates act as "Florida Unborn Victims of Violence Act"; provides rule of construction that person who engages in conduct that violates Florida Criminal Code or criminal offense defined by another statute & causes death of, or bodily injury to unborn child commits separate offense if such offense is not specifically provided for; provides for penalties; specifies that certain types of knowledge or intent are not necessary for such offense; provides exceptions; revises definitions & terminology.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 13
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/12/14, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 156
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 150
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/03/14, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 3 -HJ 161
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 161
• Introduced -HJ 13
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 133
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/09/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 488
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 511
• CS passed; YEAS 74 NAYS 42 -HJ 511
• Immediately certified -HJ 511
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 514
• Received -SJ 514
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 580
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 580
• Substituted for SB 162 -SJ 580
• Read 2nd time -SJ 580
• Read 3rd time -SJ 580
• CS passed; YEAS 25 NAYS 14 -SJ 580
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 705
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-194
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.