CS/CS/SB 1012: Financial Services
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Richter
Financial Services; Preempting to the state the regulation of certain financial or lending activities of entities subject to the jurisdiction of the Office of Financial Regulation or other regulatory agencies; revising provisions relating to prohibited acts and practices by a financial institution; authorizing the office to conduct joint or concurrent examinations of licensees; deleting requirements that a mortgage lender provide an applicant for a mortgage loan a good faith estimate of costs and written disclosures related to adjustable rate mortgages, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-91, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1278 (Ch. 2014-99)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 82
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/05/14, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 81
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 206
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 206
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 03/12/14, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 226
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 584
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 584
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/14
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 587
• Read 2nd time -SJ 677
• Read 3rd time -SJ 677
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 677
• Immediately certified -SJ 677
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 783
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/14
• Received -HJ 783
• Read 2nd time -HJ 803
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 673 -HJ 804
• Amendment(s) adopted (107357, 261621) -HJ 807
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 815
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 816
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) adopted (961708) -SJ 901
• Concurred in House amendment(s) as amended -SJ 906
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 906
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 986
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (961708) -HJ 987
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 988
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 1399
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-91, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1278 (Ch. 2014-99)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.