CS/SB 1140: Public Records/Division of Emergency Management/Emergency Planning
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Hays
Public Records/Division of Emergency Management/Emergency Planning; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for information furnished to the Division of Emergency Management by a person or business for the purpose of obtaining assistance with emergency planning; providing for retroactive application of the exemption; providing for future repeal and legislative review of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 92
• Introduced -SJ 92
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/19/14, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 305
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 308
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 305
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/03/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Now in Rules -SJ 442
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/09/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 459
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 571
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 643
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 643
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 829
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 829
• Read 2nd time -HJ 854
• Substituted for CS/HB 7011 -HJ 854
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 895
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 895
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-188
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.