CS/CS/HB 1179: Home Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Stone
Home Health Care; Requires certified nursing assistant or home health aide referred for contract to provide certain credentials to nurse registry; requires nurse registry to provide certain information to patient or patient representative regarding referrals of independent contractors; provides that person referred for contract by nurse registry is independent contractor; provides duties of nurse registry regarding violation of law by person referred by nurse registry; exempts nurse registry from obligation to review or take action upon records required to be maintained by registry; provides exception.
• Introduced -HJ 98
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 269
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 366
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 361
• Original reference(s) removed: Civil Justice Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 426
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 426
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/10/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 541
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 536
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 545
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 686
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 751
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 6 -HJ 751
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 707
• Received -SJ 707
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 735
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 735
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 976 -SJ 735
• Read 2nd time -SJ 735
• Read 3rd time -SJ 735
• CS passed; YEAS 31 NAYS 2 -SJ 735
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 824
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-142
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.