CS/CS/HB 277: Joint Use of Public School Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Spano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Raburn
Joint Use of Public School Facilities; Authorizes district school boards to enter into joint-use agreements or adopt public access policies; provides immunity from liability for district school board that enters into joint-use agreement or adopts public access policies except in instances of gross negligence or intentional misconduct; provides applicability.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 27
• On Committee agenda-- Choice and Innovation Subcommittee, 01/14/14, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Choice and Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 153
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 153
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 02/05/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 155
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/20/14, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 159
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 150
• Introduced -HJ 27
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 137
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 137
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 248
• Amendment(s) failed (293193) -HJ 248
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 266
• CS passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 9 -HJ 266
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Community Affairs; Judiciary -SJ 314
• Received -SJ 314
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.