CS/CS/HB 7113: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee ; Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Brodeur ; Steube ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Cummings ; Pigman
Health Care; Requiring a hospital to notify obstetrical physicians before the hospital closes its obstetrical department or ceases to provide obstetrical services; permitting a hospital that has operated as a Level I, Level II, or pediatric trauma center for a specified period and is verified by the Department of Health on or before a certain date to continue operating at that trauma center level under certain conditions, notwithstanding any other provision of law; providing for certain practice standards for telehealth providers; requiring independent nurse practitioners to maintain medical malpractice insurance or provide proof of financial responsibility, etc. APPROPRIATION: $500,000
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 323 (Ch. 2014-113)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 267
• Referred to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 287
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/24/14, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 346
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 343
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 387
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/10/14, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 2 -HJ 554
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 553
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 598
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 686
• Amendment(s) adopted (000319, 041653, 190285, 299783, 334445, 805503) -HJ 688
• Amendment(s) failed (735717) -HJ 689
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 751
• Amendment(s) adopted (251923, 823559) -HJ 752
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 74 NAYS 42 -HJ 754
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 714
• Received -SJ 714
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 941
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 941
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 746 -SJ 942
• Read 2nd time -SJ 941
• Amendment(s) adopted (108586, 171214, 182606, 291640, 342638, 356888, 424622, 443058, 455738, 691856, 710998, 711330, 737600, 779530, 831186, 849052, 914160, 925472, 951832) -SJ 942
• Amendment(s) failed (340216) -SJ 944
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1123
• Amendment(s) failed (193936) -SJ 1124
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 1124
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 323 (Ch. 2014-113)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.