SB 712: Taxes on Prepaid Calling Arrangements
GENERAL BILL by Galvano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gibson ; Stargel ; Abruzzo ; Soto ; Altman ; Garcia
Taxes on Prepaid Calling Arrangements; Revising the definition of “prepaid calling arrangement” to clarify and update which services are included under that definition and subject to a sales tax, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2014 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5601 (Ch. 2014-38)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 03/04/14, 8:30 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 59
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/02/14, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/22/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/24/14, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 620
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 620
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/14
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 1037
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1107
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1107
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 1107
• In Messages
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5601 (Ch. 2014-38)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.