CS/CS/SB 258: Property and Casualty Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Brandes
Property and Casualty Insurance; Requiring an insurer to employ in certain rate filings actuarial methods, principles, standards, models, or output ranges found by the Florida Commission on Hurricane Loss Projection Methodology to be accurate or reliable in determining probable maximum loss levels; revising provisions for the making and use of rates for motor vehicle insurance; increasing the amount of prior notice required with respect to the nonrenewal, cancellation, or termination of certain insurance policies, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2015 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 165 (Ch. 2015-135), CS/HB 273 (Ch. 2015-170) -SJ 494
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/17/15, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 159
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 159
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 03/04/15, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 48
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 151
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 194
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/18/15, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -SJ 227
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 227
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 229
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/15
• Read 2nd time -SJ 494
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 165 -SJ 494
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 165 (Ch. 2015-135), CS/HB 273 (Ch. 2015-170) -SJ 494
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.