CS/HB 7133: Military and Veteran Support
GENERAL BILL by Local and Federal Affairs Committee ; Veteran and Military Affairs Subcommittee ; Smith ; Grant ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Artiles ; Eisnaugle ; Miller ; Murphy
Military and Veteran Support; Authorizes local governing bodies to aid & assist veterans with general discharges under honorable conditions in presenting claims for & securing federal & state benefits & privileges; requires that DVA, through a direct-support organization & in consultation with DACS, include certain federal, state, & local information on agriculture & farming opportunities in Florida Veterans' Benefits Guide; exempts veterans with general discharges under honorable conditions from initial licensing, application, & unlicensed activity fees for any license issued by DBPR; requires that DHSMV & DVA jointly conduct pilot program to provide onsite commercial driver license testing opportunities to qualified members of Florida National Guard & submit report to Legislature.
Last Action: 5/1/2015 Senate - Died in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
Bill Text: PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Introduced -HJ 318
• Referred to Local and Federal Affairs Committee -HJ 351
• On Committee agenda-- Local and Federal Affairs Committee, 04/09/15, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Local and Federal Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 515
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Local and Federal Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 513
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 522
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/15
• Read 2nd time -HJ 759
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 809
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 809
• In Messages
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Fiscal Policy -SJ 655
• Received -SJ 655
• Died in Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.