CS/HB 151: Installation of Tracking Devices or Tracking Applications
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Cortes, B.
Installation of Tracking Devices or Tracking Applications; Authorizes certain persons, business entities, & private investigators to install tracking devices or tracking applications; removes provision concerning persons engaging private investigators.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 18
• Introduced -HJ 18
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 02/03/16, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 384
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 380
• Original reference(s) removed: Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee
• CS referred to Economic Affairs Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 399
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 399
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 02/10/16, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 436
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 436
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 507
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 507
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 710
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 731
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 731
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Rules -SJ 727
• Received -SJ 727
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Rules -SJ 710
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 710
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 298 -SJ 710
• Read 2nd time -SJ 710
• Read 3rd time -SJ 710
• Temporarily postponed on 3rd reading; On Unfinished Business
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.