CS/SB 20: Relief of Zaldivar and Campos by Orange County
CLAIM/LOCAL by Fiscal Policy ; Diaz de la Portilla
Relief of Zaldivar and Campos by Orange County; Providing for the relief of Rafael Zaldivar and Kyoko Zaldivar, parents of Alex Zaldivar, deceased, individually and as co-personal representatives of the Estate of Alex Zaldivar, and Brienna Campos and Remington Campos by Orange County; providing for an appropriation to compensate Rafael Zaldivar and Kyoko Zaldivar for the death of Alex Zaldivar and to compensate Brienna Campos and Remington Campos for the injuries and damages they sustained as a result of the negligence of Orange County; providing a limitation on the payment of fees and costs, etc. CLAIM: $400,000
Last Action: 3/8/2016 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 3517 (Ch. 2016-268) -SJ 778
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Fiscal Policy (FP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 7
• Introduced -SJ 7
• Recommendation: Unfavorable by Special Master on Claim Bills
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/09/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 344
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 344
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/16/16, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 423
• Now in Fiscal Policy -SJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Fiscal Policy, 02/24/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Fiscal Policy; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 497
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 497
• CS by Fiscal Policy read 1st time -SJ 498
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 778
• Substituted CS/HB 3517 -SJ 778
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 3517 (Ch. 2016-268) -SJ 778
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.