CS/HB 325: Involuntary Examinations under the Baker Act
GENERAL BILL by Health Quality Subcommittee ; Campbell ; Plasencia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pilon ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda
Involuntary Examinations under the Baker Act; Authorizes physician assistants & ARNPs to initiate involuntary examinations under Baker Act of persons believed to have mental illness.
Last Action: 3/11/2016 Senate - Died in Health Policy
Bill Text: PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 11/17/15, 10:00 am, 306 HOB
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 156
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 12/02/15, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 164
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 164
• Introduced -HJ 29
• CS by Health Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 01/21/16, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 257
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 257
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/02/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 357
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 379
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 4 -HJ 379
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Appropriations -SJ 350
• Received -SJ 350
• Died in Health Policy
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.