CS/SJR 648: County Officers
JOINT RESOLUTION by Community Affairs ; Hutson
County Officers; Proposing an amendment to the State Constitution to remove authority for certain county officers to be chosen in a manner other than election, for any county office to be abolished, or for certain ex officio duties of the clerk of the circuit court to be transferred to another officer, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 12/01/15, 1:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 127
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Ethics and Elections -SJ 127
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 01/12/16, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 46
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 119
• Died in Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.