CS/HB 457: Terrorism and Terrorist Activities
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Gonzalez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eagle ; Eisnaugle ; Metz ; Miller, M. ; Porter ; Smith ; Watson, C.
Terrorism and Terrorist Activities; Provides that violation of specified provisions in furtherance of certain objectives is crime of terrorism; prohibits person from using military-type training from designated foreign terrorist organizations; prohibits providing material support or resources to or engaging in other specified actions in connection with designated foreign terrorist organizations; provides penalties for person who willfully becomes member of designated foreign terrorist organization & serves with intent to further illegal acts; provides penalties for intentionally disseminating or spreading contagious, communicable, or infectious disease among crops, poultry, livestock, or other animals.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 63
• Introduced -HJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 423
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 464
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 464
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/20/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 806
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 796
• Read 2nd time -HJ 939
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 972
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 972
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 605
• Received -SJ 605
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 712
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 712
• Substituted for CS/SB 476 -SJ 712
• Read 2nd time -SJ 712
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 902
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 903
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-37
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.