CS/CS/SB 1210: Instructional Materials for K-12 Public Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield ; Steube ; Hutson ; Artiles ; Bean ; Passidomo
Instructional Materials for K-12 Public Education; Requiring each district school board to adopt a process allowing parents or residents of the county to object to the use of specific instructional materials based on specified criteria; revising the requirements for school boards that adopt rules for the implementation of the district's instructional materials program; revising the standards that an instructional materials reviewer shall use, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2017-177) -SJ 737
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 128
• Introduced -SJ 128
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 257
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 267
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/20/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 443
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 449
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 736
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 989 -SJ 737
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2017-177) -SJ 737
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.