CS/SB 1398: Accessibility of Places of Public Accommodation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Stewart ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; Young
Accessibility of Places of Public Accommodation; Authorizing qualified experts to advise and provide certain inspections for places of public accommodation relating to the Americans with Disabilities Act; authorizing an owner of a place of public accommodation to file a certification of conformity or remediation plan with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, etc. APPROPRIATION: $160,000
Last Action: 5/1/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 727 (Ch. 2017-139) -SJ 591
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 191
• Introduced -SJ 191
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/06/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 319
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 443
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 443
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 526
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 526
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 528
• Read 2nd time -SJ 534
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 591
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 727 -SJ 591
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 727 (Ch. 2017-139) -SJ 591
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.