CS/CS/HB 6523: Relief/"Survivor" and Estate of "Victim"/DCF
CLAIMS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Diaz, J. ; Edwards
Relief/"Survivor" and Estate of "Victim"/DCF; Provides appropriations to compensate Survivor & Estate of Victim for injuries & damages sustained as result of negligence of DCF; provides limitation on payment of compensation, fees, & costs. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $3,750,000
Last Action: 4/25/2017 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 18 (Ch. 2017-20) -HJ 840
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 248
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 337
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 333
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/04/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 591
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 591
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/13/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 686
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 683
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 718
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 18 -HJ 840
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 18 (Ch. 2017-20) -HJ 840
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.