CS/SB 686: Public Records/Internet Identifiers
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Baxley
Public Records/Internet Identifiers; Requiring that electronic mail addresses and Internet identifiers of sexual predators or sexual offenders reported pursuant to specified laws be exempt from public records requirements; providing for future review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 699 (Ch. 2017-170)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 87
• Introduced -SJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 292
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 294
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 292
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/17/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 505
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 546
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 546
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 699 (Ch. 2017-170)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.