The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/HB 843: Pub. Meetings/Meetings Between Two Members of Board or Commission
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Donalds ; Rommel ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Daniels ; Hahnfeldt ; Miller, A. ; Roth
Pub. Meetings/Meetings Between Two Members of Board or Commission; Exempts meetings between two members of certain boards or commissions from public meetings requirements; provides restrictions on such meetings; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 House - CS failed to pass; YEAS 68 NAYS 48 -HJ 1052
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 94
• Introduced -HJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 520
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 516
• Original reference(s) removed: Local, Federal and Veterans Affairs Subcommittee
• CS referred to Government Accountability Committee -HJ 527
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 527
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/24/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 807
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 807
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1015
• Amendment(s) adopted (608315) -HJ 1015
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1052
• CS failed to pass; YEAS 68 NAYS 48 -HJ 1052
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.