SB 220: Bankruptcy Matters in Foreclosure Proceedings
GENERAL BILL by Passidomo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mayfield
Bankruptcy Matters in Foreclosure Proceedings; Authorizing lienholders to use certain documents as an admission in an action to foreclose a mortgage; providing that submission of certain documents in a foreclosure action creates a rebuttable presumption that the defendant has waived any defenses to the foreclosure; requiring a court to take judicial notice of orders entered in bankruptcy cases under certain circumstances, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 22
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 11/07/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 12/05/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Now in Rules -SJ 102
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/11/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 22
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 141
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/01/18
• Read 2nd time -SJ 256
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 268
• Passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 546
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Received -HJ 546
• Substituted for HB 271 -HJ 571
• Read 2nd time -HJ 571
• Read 3rd time -HJ 571
• Passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 571
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 364
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-15
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.