CS/SB 434: Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Pilot Project
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Passidomo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Book ; Young ; Hutson ; Campbell
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome Pilot Project; Revising the definition of the term “prescribed pediatric extended care center” or “PPEC center” to include certain buildings that provide certain residential services to infants with neonatal abstinence syndrome; providing that a specified Agency for Health Care Administration rule include an exception for infants being treated for neonatal abstinence syndrome; requiring the agency, in consultation with the Department of Children and Families, to establish a pilot project to approve one or more facilities licensed to provide PPEC services to treat certain eligible infants, etc. APPROPRIATION: $410,000
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 11/07/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 101
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 12/07/17, 12:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 104
• Introduced -SJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/31/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 297
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 297
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 299
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 421
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 554
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 554
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.