CS/CS/SB 590: Child Welfare
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs ; Garcia ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Child Welfare; Requiring the Department of Children and Families, in collaboration with sheriffs’ offices that conduct child protective investigations and community-based care lead agencies, to develop a statewide family-finding program; requiring the court to request that parents consent to providing access to additional records; providing the purpose of a kinship navigator program; revising enrollment and attendance requirements for children in an early education or child care program, etc.
Last Action: 3/7/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1079 (Ch. 2018-103), CS/CS/HB 1435 (Ch. 2018-108), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10) -SJ 843
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 12/04/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 47
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/06/18, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/21/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 385
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 385
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/18, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 409
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 409
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 410
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 435
• Retained on Special Order Calendar for 03/05/2018
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 842, 843
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1435 -SJ 843
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1079 (Ch. 2018-103), CS/CS/HB 1435 (Ch. 2018-108), HB 5003 (Ch. 2018-10) -SJ 843
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.