CS/SB 1618: Tobacco and Nicotine Products
GENERAL BILL by Innovation, Industry, and Technology ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cruz ; Mayfield ; Broxson
Tobacco and Nicotine Products; Citing this act as the "Tobacco 21 Act"; preempting the establishment of the minimum age for the sale or delivery of tobacco products, nicotine products, or nicotine dispensing devices to the state; revising the age under which it is unlawful to smoke in, on, or near school property; defining the terms “the minimum age for purchase” and “any person under the minimum age for purchase”; providing that it is unlawful to sell or deliver tobacco products to persons under the minimum age for purchase, etc.
- Health Policy (HP)
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 210
• Introduced -SJ 210
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/25/19, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 265
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 04/02/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology read 1st time -SJ 318
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/19 -SJ 611
• Read 2nd time -SJ 602
• Amendment(s) adopted (123848) -SJ 607
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 607
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 638
• Amendment(s) adopted (653024) -SJ 639
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 6 -SJ 639
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.