The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
SB 1098: Sales Tax Refund for Eligible Job Training Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Lee
Sales Tax Refund for Eligible Job Training Organizations; Providing that eligible job training organizations are entitled to receive a refund of a specified percentage of certain sales taxes remitted to the Department of Revenue; requiring such organizations to use the refund only for specified purposes; requiring that refunds be granted on a first-come, first-served basis, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 116
• Introduced -SJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/11/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 194
• Now in Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/09/19, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19 -SJ 496
• Read 2nd time -SJ 488
• Amendment(s) adopted (338420) -SJ 488
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 488
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 575
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 575
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.