HB 1219: Beverage Law
GENERAL BILL by Sabatini ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) La Rosa ; Smith, D.
Beverage Law; Authorizes licensed vendor of alcoholic beverages to allow dogs in certain designated areas on their licensed premises; revises limitations on size of malt beverage containers; repeals provisions relating to limitations on size of individual wine containers; authorizes cider to be packaged, filled, refilled, or sold in growler; revises provisions that allow patrons to remove partially consumed bottles of wine from restaurant; specifies limitations on craft distillery's retail sales to consumers; removes provision that prohibits craft distillery from selling more than six individual containers of branded product to consumer; prohibits transfer distillery license or ownership in distillery license certain individuals or entities; prohibits craft distillery from having ownership affiliated with certain other distilleries.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Bill Text: PDF
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 124
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 377
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 412
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 521
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 521
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/10/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 7 -HJ 673
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 673
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 891
• Amendment(s) adopted (204789, 410225, 732827) -HJ 891, 896
• Read 3rd time -HJ 896
• Passed as amended; YEAS 71 NAYS 41 -HJ 896, 897
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 580
• Received -SJ 579
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.