CS/CS/SB 1412: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Commerce and Tourism ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stargel
Taxation; Specifying a requirement for the Department of Revenue in reviewing assessment rolls in certain counties in assessment years following a natural disaster; authorizing the department to use the best information available to estimate levels of assessment; providing sales tax exemptions for specified disaster preparedness supplies during a certain timeframe; providing sales tax exemptions for certain clothing, wallets, bags, school supplies, personal computers, and personal computer-related accessories during a certain timeframe, etc. APPROPRIATION: $237,000
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7123 (Ch. 2019-42) -SJ 824
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Finance and Tax (FT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 139
• Introduced -SJ 139
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/18/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/09/19, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 388
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/19 -SJ 765
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 765
• Read 2nd time -SJ 824
• Substituted CS/HB 7123 -SJ 824
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7123 (Ch. 2019-42) -SJ 824
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.