CS/CS/SB 1638: Commercial Motor Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Infrastructure and Security ; Lee
Commercial Motor Vehicles; Revising regulations applicable to owners and drivers of commercial motor vehicles; exempting persons who operate a commercial motor vehicle solely in intrastate commerce which does not transport hazardous materials in amounts that require placarding from certain requirements related to electronic logging devices and hours of service supporting documents until a specified date; revising length and load extension limitations for stinger-steered automobile transporters; providing for the calculation of specified fines for vehicles fueled by electric batteries, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 725 (Ch. 2019-149) -SJ 821
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 212
• Introduced -SJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/26/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 04/02/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/08/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 318
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 496
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 496
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/19 -SJ 765
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 765
• Read 2nd time -SJ 821
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 725 -SJ 821
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 725 (Ch. 2019-149) -SJ 821
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.