CS/SB 1656: Criminal Statutes
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Lee ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson
Criminal Statutes; Specifying that the reenactment or amendment of a criminal statute operates prospectively and does not affect or abate specified circumstances; providing that a reference to any other chapter, part, section, or subdivision of the Florida Statutes in a criminal statute or a reference within a criminal statute constitutes a general reference under the doctrine of incorporation by reference, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 214
• Introduced -SJ 214
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/25/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/01/19, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 3 NAYS 1 -SJ 284
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/23/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 451
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/19 -SJ 496
• Read 2nd time -SJ 495
• Amendment(s) adopted (225308) -SJ 495
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 495
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 576
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 577
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 942
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/19
• Received -HJ 942
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 966
• Read 2nd time -HJ 985
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1030
• CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 4 -HJ 1030
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 648
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-63
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.