CS/HB 257: Excess Credit Hour Surcharges
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee ; Mariano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eskamani ; Goff-Marcil ; Joseph ; Overdorf ; Zika
Excess Credit Hour Surcharges; Requires each state university to calculate excess hour threshold for each student; requires such threshold to be adjusted under certain circumstances; prohibits such threshold from being adjusted under certain circumstances; revises threshold for assessing excess credit hour surcharge.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 298
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 39
• CS by Higher Education and Career Readiness Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 290
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 3:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 522
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 567
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 567
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 694
• Read 3rd time -HJ 694
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 695
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 456
• Received -SJ 456
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.