HB 323: Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage for Windshield Glass
GENERAL BILL by Stark ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes
Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage for Windshield Glass; Prohibits motor vehicle repair shops & employees from offering anything of value to customers in exchange for making insurance claims for motor vehicle glass replacement & repair, including offers made through certain persons.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died in Civil Justice Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/13/19, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 296
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 296
• Introduced -HJ 45
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Civil Justice Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.