CS/HB 387: Nonadmitted Insurance Markets
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Burton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Mercado
Nonadmitted Insurance Markets; Removes price cap on per-policy fees that surplus lines agents may charge for certain policies; removes requirement that surplus line agents file affidavit with Florida Surplus Lines Service Office; revises requirements for surplus lines agents' tax remittance to Florida Surplus Lines Service Office.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 301 (Ch. 2019-108)
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Ways and Means Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/20/19, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 301
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Ways and Means Committee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 295
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 295
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/05/19, 4:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 51
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 2 -HJ 351
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 351
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 292
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 505
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 511
• CS passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 1 -HJ 511
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 328
• Received -SJ 328
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 301 (Ch. 2019-108)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.