CS/CS/HB 429: Insurance Guaranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Smith, D.
Insurance Guaranty Associations; Authorizes Florida Insurance Guaranty Association to authorize certain association employees & guaranty association employees of other states to adjust losses; revises requirements for OIR in levying assessments on workers' compensation insurers; requires such insurers to recoup assessments by applying specified percentage to certain policies; provides that assessments paid by insurer constitute advances of funds to association.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 54
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/20/19, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 308
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 295
• Introduced -HJ 54
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 293
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/12/19, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 403
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 403
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/21/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 489
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 496
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 614
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 653
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 653
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 395
• Received -SJ 395
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.