HB 5401: Department of Environmental Protection
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee ; Raschein
Department of Environmental Protection; Transfers specified powers & duties of FWCC relating to environmental crimes to Division of Law Enforcement within DEP; provides for DEP & FWCC memorandum of agreement; provides for reassignment of personnel & retention of benefits; establishes Division of Law Enforcement within DEP; provides specified authority to DEP & FWCC officers; provides for deposit of proceeds in specified DEP trust funds; appoints DEP representative to Joint Task Force on State Agency Law Enforcement Communications; authorizes certain use of Inland Protection Trust Fund moneys; provides penalties for false personation & unlawful use of badges & other symbols of DEP officers.
Last Action: 6/26/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-141, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2500 (Ch. 2019-115)
Bill Text: PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 456
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 03/27/19, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 538
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 538
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/03/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 559
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 571
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 572
• Immediately certified -HJ 575
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 336
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Received -SJ 336
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19 -SJ 378
• Read 2nd time -SJ 377
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 407
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 407
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 791
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-141, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2500 (Ch. 2019-115)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.