CS/HB 7023: Pub. Rec./Financial Disclosure
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Altman
Pub. Rec./Financial Disclosure; Provides exemptions from public records requirements for secure login credentials held by Commission on Ethics & certain information entered into electronic filing system for financial disclosure forms; specifies conditions under which such information is no longer exempt; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/15/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-40, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7021 (Ch. 2019-97)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 274
• Introduced -HJ 274
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 03/13/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 414
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 414
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 598
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 597
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 631
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 693
• Read 3rd time -HJ 693
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 693
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 468
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 447
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 7042 -SJ 447
• Received -SJ 468
• Read 2nd time -SJ 447
• Read 3rd time -SJ 447
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 447
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 848
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-40, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7021 (Ch. 2019-97)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.