HB 7061: Teacher Preparation
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee ; Donalds ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Toledo
Teacher Preparation; Revises provisions relating to teacher preparation programs, educator preparation institutes, DOE duties relating to teacher recruitment & retention, supports for first-time teachers, & educator certification requirements relating to mastery of general knowledge requirements.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 House - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7070 (Ch. 2019-23)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 345
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 380
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/25/19, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 522
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 522
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 568
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 568
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 7070 (Ch. 2019-23)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.