CS/SB 826: Towing-storage Operator Liens
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Rouson
Towing-storage Operator Liens; Requiring certain lien notices be sent through a third-party notification service; revising requirements for the inspection and release of vehicles or vessels and personal property in such vehicles or vessels; requiring third-party notification services to apply to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for approval, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 431 (Ch. 2019-73)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Judiciary; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 94
• Introduced -SJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/18/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 259
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 04/09/19, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Now in Appropriations
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 431 (Ch. 2019-73)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.