CS/CS/HB 827: Engineering
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Toledo
Engineering; Prohibiting specified services to the department for a project that is wholly or partially funded by the department and administered by a local governmental entity from being performed by the same entity; revising licensure certification requirements to include active engineering experience and a minimum age; revising the timeframes in which a fee owner or the fee owner's contractor using a private provider to provide building code inspection services must notify the local building official, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2019 - Chapter No. 2019-86, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 905 (Ch. 2019-153)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 87
• Introduced -HJ 87
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 549
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 554
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 554
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/10/19, 8:15 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 674
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 670
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 681
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 816
• Amendment(s) adopted (791667) -HJ 816,817
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 866
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 866
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 505
• Received -SJ 505
• Withdrawn from Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 641
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 616 -SJ 642
• Read 2nd time -SJ 641
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 677
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 677
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1130
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-86, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 905 (Ch. 2019-153)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.