CS/SB 990: Unemployment Compensation
Unemployment Compensation; Prohibiting certain victims of domestic violence from being disqualified for benefits for voluntarily leaving work; adding a circumstance under which the employment record of an employing unit may not be charged, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2019 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 563 (Ch. 2019-80) -SJ 597
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 108
• Introduced -SJ 108
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/25/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 265
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 331
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 385
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/19 -SJ 611
• Read 2nd time -SJ 597
• Substituted CS/HB 563 -SJ 597
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 563 (Ch. 2019-80) -SJ 597
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.