SB 1080: Nonopioid Alternatives
GENERAL BILL by Perry ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley
Nonopioid Alternatives; Revising exceptions to certain controlled substance prescribing requirements; clarifying that a certain patient or patient representative must be informed of specified information, have specified information discussed with him or her, and be provided with an electronic or printed copy of a specified educational pamphlet, etc.
Last Action: 3/5/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 743 (Ch. 2020-24) -SJ 419
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Policy; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 80
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/28/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Read 2nd time -SJ 419
• Substituted HB 743 -SJ 419
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 743 (Ch. 2020-24) -SJ 419
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.