SB 1084: Emotional Support Animals
GENERAL BILL by Diaz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Montford
Emotional Support Animals; Defining the terms “emotional support animal” and “housing provider”; prohibiting discrimination in housing provided to a person with a disability or a disability-related need for an emotional support animal; prohibiting a health care practitioner from providing information regarding a person’s need for an emotional support animal without having personal knowledge of that person’s need for the animal; prohibiting the falsification of information or other fraudulent misrepresentation regarding the use of an emotional support animal, etc.
- Agriculture (AG)
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Agriculture; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 80
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 80
• Favorable by Agriculture; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 154
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/03/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/19/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20 -SJ 346
• Read 2nd time -SJ 342
• Amendment(s) adopted (258916) -SJ 346
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 346
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 373
• Passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 373
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 812
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 812
• Read 2nd time -HJ 990
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1025
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 1026
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 659
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-76
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.