HB 1147: Patient Access to Records
GENERAL BILL by Payne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beltran ; Sabatini
Patient Access to Records; Requires certain licensed facilities, providers, & health care practitioners to furnish & provide access to records & reports within specified timeframes after receiving request for such records.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Rules
Bill Text: PDF
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 101
• Introduced -HJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 412
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -HJ 463
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 551
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 651
• Read 3rd time -HJ 651
• Passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 8 -HJ 651
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 474
• Received -SJ 473
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Rules
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.